Counseling and Advising
Advisers are available for academic counseling support including:
- Helping students with schedule adjustments and graduation planning
- Providing academic counseling and problem solving
- Making referrals to campus resources as needed
- Assisting with course management software
- Academic Peer Mentors meet weekly with students to provide encouragement and discuss problem solving, time management and study skills as needed.
- Offering an academic “boost” to students of all abilities, these workshops include self-assessments, exploratory discussions about challenges, and proven strategies to help students reach new levels of academic success.
Accessibility and Disability Services
- These services facilitate support, including academic adjustments for students with documented mobility and non–mobility-based disabilities.
Tutoring, The Writing Center, and English as a Second Language
The Math, Science & Subject Tutoring Center
- Tutoring is a free service available to all students. The Math, Science & Subject Tutoring Center provides in-person tutorials. Peer tutors assist students in over 30 courses and subject areas as well as in several software platforms. Tutors are available for social, behavioral and natural sciences, mathematics, art history, and in major specific courses.
The Writing Center
- The Writing Center offers free peer tutoring services at all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, developing and refining thesis statements, synthesizing sources, using correct APA and MLA documentation, editing, and proofreading. Tutors help with conventional papers, multi-modal and digital projects, and presentations for classes as well as other professional writing documents, such as resumes and application letters. You may work one-on-one, in-person with a tutor, or you work via a remote tutoring session.
- The Writing Center also offers students writing space in its Writers’ Studio where you will experience a creative and supportive writing environment.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Specialist
- An ESL specialist is available free-of-charge to assist international students who face difficulties with written assignments, and require a more in-depth understanding of English and how it is used.