Under the direction of the Interim Director, Physical Plant, the Technician is responsible for preserving the good condition and functionality of the campus premises. Will perform maintenance tasks of great variety such as painting, installations, landscaping etc.
The Maintenance Technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be able to work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal is to maintain the buildings and common areas in the best possible condition.
- Survey buildings and repair mechanical systems to ensure they are consistent with health and safety standards.
- Perform maintenance of electrical systems (replace light bulbs and sockets, clean and repair circuit breaker panels etc.).
- Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing system and equipment utilizing a variety of plumbing tools and equipment. Works from blueprints, specifications, and diagrams.
- Makes repairs and/or determines replacement of equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance; unclog sluggish or stopped drains.
- Assist in the setup of ventilation, refrigeration and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Maintain heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality.
- Inspect alarm systems (fire, protection) and schedule repairs when needed.
- Perform manual repairs when necessary (fix locks, replace windows etc.).
- Conduct general upkeep procedures (e.g. landscaping) and other tasks as assigned (painting, carpentry etc.).
- Other duties as assigned (The University reserves the right to add / change duties anytime.).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Specialized skills in repairs of facilities; plumbing, electrical, fixtures, etc.
- Knowledge of thermodynamic laws, electricity principals, test defection instruments, hand/power tools, wood finishes, AC/DC currents, wiring, painting, connection and plumbing.
- Proven experience as maintenance technician.
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic and other systems.
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances and devices.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus.
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired.
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Hand/fingers dexterity to work with computers and physical maintenance equipment.
- Walking, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to scale building ladders in wet conditions.
- Kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
- Works indoors/outdoors around construction and mechanical equipment.
- Simple to complex reading and writing ability.
- Work schedule may include some weekends and evenings.
APPLICATION: Qualified persons should send a current resume, names and addresses of at least three references, and a cover letter addressing qualifications to:
Human Resources Office
7500 N. Glenoaks Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91510-1052
Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs