We know that for many of you, housing is an integral part of your college experience. We want to continue providing you with an option for on-campus housing while also ensuring that we keep the safety and wellbeing of our resident’s priority.
The university has decided that all housing spaces will be converted to singles for the Sping 2020 term to maintain physical distancing. All rooms, regardless of size, will be priced at $5,613 per semester (the single room rate).
We will also be instituting the following additional changes:
- We want to let you know that Housing will be continuing the same restrictions and guidelines from local, state, and federal health authorities. This includes but is not limited to:
- No visiting or overnight guests in the student’s assigned room (this includes friends, family, other residents, significant others, etc.)
- North Hall Lobby will be closed to resident access
- Residents are required to wear face masks and maintain physical distancing whenever they are outside of the room (including their hallway, kitchen, and other community spaces)
- Residents must complete daily health symptom screenings
- Residents are required to take a COVID-19 PCR test every two weeks on campus
- Residents are required to have a flu vaccine
- If a resident tests positive for COVID-19 on campus, they will be required to temporarily move out of their room to an isolation space for at least 14 days
- If a resident was found to be a close contact to another positive case on campus, they will be required to temporarily move out of their room to an isolation space for up to 14 days
- There will be no in-person social programming held in the halls or on campus
- Programs are held online or through other means
Health Services and the COVID-19 Task Force may implement additional guidelines as needed.
Housing will also be:
- Increasing cleaning of community bathrooms and kitchens
- Three times per day on weekdays and two times per day on weekends
- Providing residents with access to additional personal protective equipment such as hand sanitizer stations, hand washing, masks, etc.
Our housing team is working hard to continue to provide opportunities for residents to engage and interact with each other. Please make sure that you are checking your email for additional information as it becomes available.
Updated on November 9, 2020