Our Class of 2023 Commencement Ceremony is currently scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 13 at 9:00 AM PST.
Congratulations on this momentous accomplishment. We are looking forward to celebrating this special day with you on Saturday, May 13, on our beautiful campus. There will be more information coming soon, please check this page for the most up-to-date information. For any immediate questions, please email [email protected]. Thank you.
Preparing for the Day:
- Arrive to campus no later than 7:30 a.m. (we need to get you checked-in and take care of some last minute details)
- The ceremony will be held in the Alumni Quad
- The ceremony begins promptly at 9 a.m. and is expected to end no later than 12 p.m.
- Seating for your friends and family begins at 7 a.m., and there are no seat reservations, it’s a first come, first served basis. Have a disabled member of your group? No worries, fill out the Disabilities Seating Accommodations Request Form
- We will have a social media feed available for you to post your videos and photos!
Review our Frequently Asked Questions below for more information:
How to Participate in the Commencement Ceremony
- Apply for graduation: The first step is to apply for graduation by using this link or by contacting the registrar’s office by emailing [email protected]. This will officially indicate your intention to participate in the commencement ceremony. You’ll need to provide your personal information and choose the degree you wish to receive.
- If you are within a few credits of completing your degree requirements, you may need to submit a petition to walk in the ceremony. You may submit your petition to walk by using the RSVP link. Please reference your academic plan, contact the Registrar’s Office, or contact your advisor if you are unsure if you need to submit this petition.
- RSVP for the ceremony: Once you have applied for graduation and confirmed your eligibility to walk, you’ll need to RSVP for the commencement ceremony. This can be done by using this link.
- Pick up your cap and gown: You will need to pick up your Cap and Gown in Miller Hall prior to the ceremony. Keep an eye out for an e-mail from the Commencement team for the days and time this pick up is available!
- Arrive at the ceremony: On the day of the ceremony, arrive early to ensure that you have enough time to get dressed and checked in. Follow the instructions provided by the university regarding where to park and where to assemble before the ceremony begins. (We’ll be sending that to you prior to the date, please check your personal and Woodbury email.)
- Participate in the ceremony: Take part in the procession, stand when instructed, and listen to the speakers. When it’s your turn, walk up to receive your diploma cover, shake hands with the dignitaries, and smile for the camera.
- Celebrate: After the ceremony, take the time to celebrate with family and friends. Take photos, share memories, and enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes with graduating from college.
Disabilities Seating Accommodation Request:
This request is for guests of Woodbury University graduates only. Each graduate is allowed one disabled guest seat and one companion seat – to accompany the guest who is disabled. Fill out our disabilities seating accommodation request form by clicking the button below.
Disabilities Seating Accommodation request form
Commencement Speaker: Christopher Edwards, CEO & Co-Founder, The Third Floor
Chris Edwards is the CEO and Co-Founder of, The Third Floor (TTF), the global leader in Digital Media Visualization. For almost two decades, The Third Floor has supported world-class Directors and Designers from Los Angeles to Beijing, by creating highly detailed visualizations of Films, Television Series, Commercials, Video Games, VR/AR Experiences and Theme Park Attractions. The TTF team is best known for their pre-production work on groundbreaking international projects, such as James Cameron’s Avatar, Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity, HBO’s Game of Thrones, Disney’s Star Wars franchises, and almost every Marvel film and streaming series.
Having amassed prestigious credits on many Hollywood blockbusters, Chris was invited to join the jury at CSFF, the “China International New Media Short Film Festival,” hosted in Shenzhen in 2008. After meeting with local filmmakers from the region, and witnessing their passion for the most sophisticated storytelling, Edwards made it his mission to establish TTF Beijing to bring the best of The Third Floor’s cinematic technology and filmmaking expertise to the PRC.
Chris is an active member of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), the Producers Guild of America (PGA), the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA), the Visual Effects Society (VES) and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). His most notable honors include winning Ernst and Young’s 2022 Entrepreneur of the Year Award (for Greater Los Angeles), and the prestigious Paris Images Digital Summit – 2020 GENIE Visionary Award. In his free time, Chris can be found speaking to students and professionals around the globe, inspiring the next generation of visionary entertainers.
Watch the Livestream:
For those who aren’t able to join us in person, tune in virtually through our Livestream on YouTube! Click the button below to view the stream.
Last Updated on May 11, 2023