A listing of job opportunities offered from Woodbury alumni to Woodbury alumni.
Have a job opening you’d like to have listed?
Please submit your listing as a word document to email@example.com or call 818.252.5214
Gnomon School of Visual Effects is the world leader in visual effects and animation for the film and gaming industry. We are seeking a creative that has a passion for what our school specializes in.
We are looking for an Admissions Advisor that is responsible for the general recruitment of qualified candidates for the school’s academic programs, which includes providing basic information, routine guidance and assistance to potential students on matters related to enrollment and the admissions process.
Experience in Admissions or Recruitment is not required—rather, we are seeking a creative individual, with at least a Bachelor’s degree in visual arts, to join our team to discuss student art portfolios with college hopefuls. Individuals who do not possess skills in art creation, digital production, or critique need not apply.
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architect based in our San Diego office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients’ and society’s greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the design, selection, coordination, and detail of architectural material.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATION
ABOUT WORKING HERE
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It’s not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.
Michael W. Folonis Architects is a highly recognized, award-winning architectural design studio located in Santa Monica. Project typologies include high-rise, mixed-use, commercial, multi-family housing, and healthcare. We are seeking talented individuals who want to take charge and fast-track their architectural experience. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and is available
Interested individuals should provide a cover letter, resume, and portfolio [5mb max.] to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are only accepting applicants who have authorization to work in the US.
You can view our website at www.folonisarchitects.com.
Limerick is looking for a person with some experience to work part time five day a week from 8:30am to 1:00pm. Our clients are new mothers who are breastfeeding. The pay range is between $14.50 to $15.00 per hour depending on experience.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Customer service experience required.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Janet David email@example.com
Michael W. Folonis Architects is a highly recognized, award-winning architectural design studio located in Santa Monica. Project typologies include high-rise, mixed-use, commercial, multi-family housing, and healthcare. We are seeking talented individuals who want to take charge and fast-track their architectural experience. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits and is available immediately.
Candidate must be actively working towards licensure Interested individuals should provide a cover letter, resume, and portfolio [5mb
max.] to firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate with experience
and qualifications. We are only accepting applicants who have authorization to
work in the US.
You can view our website at www.folonisarchitects.com.
A local, Burbank nonprofit is looking for a Graphic Designer to help with a print project. They are looking for someone that would donate their time in exchange for some portfolio pieces. They are looking for two postcards and a poster to start.
If you are interested, please contact LeAnn Chaparro for details at email@example.com
Are you driven by helping people? H&R Block is looking to hire Associate Team Leaders who will be passionate about our purpose: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
As an Associate Team Leader for H&R Block, you will support a single retail office during tax season to deliver a world class client experience and assist with the daily supervision of tax office associates. Prior tax preparation experience is not required as this role does not prepare taxes. You’ll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in early December as you ramp up for the busy tax season and transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you’ll do…
• Support the Multi-Unit Team Leader, serving as onsite point of contact for tax office associates and clients, ensuring quality and consistent execution that will allow us to promote the value of H&R Block
• Execute and hold all tax office associates accountable to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) execution and client service experience, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General manager as necessary
• Serve as point of contact for onsite escalated client service concerns
• Ensure clients are scheduled properly and conflicts are resolved, with escalation to the Multi-Unit Team Leader and District General Manager as necessary
• Lead the office from the front desk, providing phone coverage and engaging with clients to deliver an outstanding experience
• Lead daily activities to ensure that all tax office associates are scheduled, and work is completed according to deadlines, with attention to quality standards, priorities and overall goals
• Lead daily huddles and communicate essential information to office associates
What you will bring to the team…
• Prior experience working in customer service or similar role
• Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and manage day-to-day office operations
• Customer-centric mindset and strong communication skills
• Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Passionate, determined, resilient under stress and a will to win attitude
• Able to work a flexible work schedule of 40 hours per week and flexibility based on business needs • High school diploma / equivalent or higher
It would be even better if you also had…
• Experience supervising or managing people
• History of delivering outstanding customer experiences Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Use district #5704 and office #3814
Are you a passionate people leader, capable of managing multiple offices? Do you want to work for six months of the year, and have the remainder of the year free to pursue other interests? H&R Block is looking for a Multi-Unit Team Leader to accelerate our seasonal tax business by managing three H&R Block offices and providing leadership to the customer-centric teams that work within them.
As a Multi-Unit Team Leader, you will serve as the front-line manager responsible for leadership and development of associates, delivering an outstanding client experience, and achieving all office related growth objectives (i.e., clients, revenue and earnings) for three tax offices. Prior tax preparation experience is not required. You’ll begin working a flexible part-time schedule in the fall as you ramp up for the busy tax season, then transition to a full-time schedule from January through April. After working a successful tax season, you may find that you want to apply to return for subsequent seasons, or even apply for advancement opportunities.
What you’ll do…
• Manage office staffing, operations, and logistics for three offices with support from two Associate Team Leaders
• Partner with the District General Manager (DGM) to create and implement office-level growth plans and client growth targets, which includes developing local partnerships and managing office community involvement
• Assist the DGM in recruiting and interviewing candidates for tax office associate positions
• Build an engaging team environment, across all offices, by training and coaching associates while holding them accountable to execute on Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and recognizing outstanding associate contributions
• Conduct timely performance reviews and partner with Associate Relations Center to resolve associate issues and address performance concerns • Lead daily team meetings and communicate essential information to tax office associates
• Create associate work schedules across all offices and ensure accurate timekeeping, as well as labor management, for staff in all offices
• Travel between the three offices as required
• May prepare tax returns, as needed
What you’ll bring to the team…
• People management experience, with the demonstrated ability to grow and develop associates
• Demonstrated aptitude for growth plan execution and ability to lead towards growth culture
• Strong decision-making and judgment skills and the ability to function well in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a customer-centric mindset that seeks to understand and exceed client needs
• Computer proficient with the ability to use MS Office
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or high school diploma with the equivalent combination of experience
• Successful completion of the H&R Block Tax Knowledge Assessment or Income Tax Course (if preparing tax returns)
It would be even better if you also had…
• Multi-unit people management experience in the retail, restaurant, banking, or other related industry; management of people within military service positions can also be a good fit
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Use district #5704 and office #3814
Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer – Job Description American Institute of Architects, Los Angeles Chapter (AIA|LA)
AIA|LA is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to furthering the efforts of its parent organization, the American Institute of Architects (AIA), by specifically serving the interests of our local architecture and design community. AIA|LA’s membership includes architects and design professionals actively engaged in the industry. Members work at diverse companies representing a broad range of professional practices. Through advocacy, education, networking, and outreach, AIA|LA serves as a resource to help make the Los Angeles region more delightful, healthier, more sustainable and economically competitive.
Status: Full Time / HOURLY
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Purpose of the Position
The Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer advances the strategic goals of the AIA|LA through three areas: website management, graphic design, and the coordination and/or creation of digital marketing materials. The Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer will be responsible for coordinating marketing including but not limited to event-related marketing, institutional marketing, advertising, online and email marketing.
The Coordinator, under the supervision of Director of Communications and Marketing, has creative and coordination responsibilities for website, graphic design, and social media content. They receive direction for outreach with a focus on advancing audience development by promoting revenue-generating events.
The ideal candidate has an educational background and/or internship or entry-level experience in graphic design and marketing. Candidate must have previous experience in website management and posting, and demonstrate strong Adobe Creative Suite skills—primarily in InDesign and Photoshop. The candidate will be social media savvy, either through their personal social media feed(s) or for a client or employer. Familiarity with social media scheduling platforms such as HootSuite or Buffer—a plus, but not expected. The Candidate will be a team player, a creative thinker, and able to communicate complex ideas.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer – Job Description at American Institute of Architects, Los Angeles Chapter (AIA|LA)
Application Packet Includes:
Tibby Rothman, Director of Marketing & PR | AIA|LA
Subject line: Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer
Submit By Deadline: Friday, January 24, 2020 6PM
Company Name: E M T Associates Inc
Company Address:1405 N San Fernando Blvd, Burbank, CA 91504
Job Title: Office Assistant
Due to a period of impressive growth and expansion, we are looking to recruit a dynamic office assistant for Part-time work, up to twenty hours in keeping with week/$18.00 according to hour.
To help our customers experience efficient and incredible interactions, you’ll need:
Alpa Construction, Inc. a family owned diverse real estate company is seeking a full time team member . The role requires someone who is well organized and can manage multiple tasks. This candidate will have broad exposure to all aspects of real estate with emphasis in real estate development and construction. Property management is always a plus. Responsibilities include:
We are seeking a full time person who is willing to contribute in a small and expanding environment. We offer a competitive compensation based on experience and believe there is plenty of career growth within the firm. You can visit us online to see some of our work at www.elevadogroup.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our sales department! Help us grow our company and be a part of our mission to produce healthy, wholesome beverages with fresh, natural ingredients!
Looking for someone who will be helping us with:
Our Ideal Candidate:
To find out more information, please send us a resume/cv and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good addition to our team.
If you have any areas of interest outside of sales that might be applicable to our brand (think photography, basic graphic design, recipe testing, and development) let us know as well! We want to highlight YOUR skills and create a position that you are passionate about!
Emails may be addressed to Mr. Bader Alwazzan, president of Big Island Organics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) is seeking a skilled program coordinator for their signature program, Speak Up! Community Advocates. Speak Up! supports individuals with lived experience of homelessness to build storytelling and leadership skills in service of advocating for themselves and their communities.
This contract position is flexible, demanding, and an excellent fit for someone coming out of a BA program, a non-traditional student who has relevant work experience, or someone who has done program management, organizing or social work now doing graduate studies.
CSH is seeking a skilled program coordinator for our signature Speak Up! Community Advocates initiative. Speak Up! supports individuals with lived experience of homelessness to build storytelling and leadership skills in service of advocating for themselves and their communities. Now in its 6thth year, the Speak Up! initiative has become a touchstone in Los Angeles’ community efforts to end homelessness. Virtually every segment of homeless services sector recognizes and leverages the Speak Up! program’s leadership in elevating the participation of those most impacted by the sector’s work.
This is a contracted position for one year with a possibility of renewal. The Program Coordinator will provide key administrative, logistical, and programmatic support related to the Speak UP! and Tenant Knowledge Exchange (TKE)(Speak Up! Alumni) programs.
With guidance of the Senior Program Manager (SPM) –
Expected time commitment and compensation
Contract length: One year
Available funding: $35,000 – $40,000, DOE
This position requires the contractor to commit an average of 35 hours per week for one year and be prepared to be responsive to program needs throughout the work week, with occasional weekend needs.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity email Ann English at email@example.com
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH can assist with securing the required workers’ compensation insurance.
CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments or other preclusions on doing business with (either directly or indirectly) with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract
We are looking for great people (especially people of color as homelessness disproportionately affects communities of color) ready to make a commitment for the full 10 months whose schedules are flexible enough to accommodate going downtown (Los Angeles) one Monday (it ends up consuming much of the work day) and at least one other time (for about 2 hours) per month.
Yes, it’s a HUGE ask. It’s also one of those projects that is deeply meaningful and, for the right people, becomes something they want to do year after year.
Volunteers do not need to be clinicians. In fact, we have found that actors, writers, and others make great Story Coaches! Please share freely with your networks. Know some strong writers? Public speakers? Send this their way!
Anyone interested in volunteering should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: SCGA Junior Coach
Organizational Unit: SCGA Junior
Reports To: Golf Instructor
Hours: Weekly schedule includes 15-29 hours at SCGA Junior’s newest golf instruction
site at Woodley Lakes GC in the San Fernando Valley and outreach initiatives
within this community.
SCGA Junior’s mission is to engage under-served youth in the lifelong benefits of golf so that they can
achieve their dreams and potential. SCGA Junior creates local golf communities that provide a safe,
supportive, and encouraging environment for youth to have fun, explore their future, and develop the
necessary skills to achieve their goals. Through its programs, SCGA Junior fulfills its mission by achieving
the following goals:
• Creating affordable access to golf for all youth
• Teaching smart decision-making skills both on and off the course
• Developing a culture of healthy lifestyles
The SCGA Junior Golf Foundation was founded in 1983 through a gift from the PGA Championship,
which was played at Riviera Country Club. It is the charitable arm of the Southern California Golf
Association, which is one of the nation’s oldest and largest amateur golf associations.
Available Position: SCGA Junior Coach (Part-Time)
The coach will be responsible for supporting the SCGA Junior player development program. The
responsibilities of the coach include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting the SCGA Junior Golf Instructors and the staff at the facility with the delivery of the golf curriculum each practice
• Making sure classes are engaging and energized
• Assisting with the coordination, distribution and logging of equipment and program materials
• Coach is required to collect baseline and end line surveys, and daily attendance
• Assisting golf instructors with assessment data which includes the delivery, input and filing of
the information obtained
• Assisting golf instructors with the day of class schedule, lesson planning, set up and clean up
• Leading additional golf activities to include on course play and other activities on non-practice days
• Assisting with the planning, organization, and implementation of special events in the community with the goal of engaging new participants
• Providing feedback and suggestions to SCGA Junior staff on how to best utilize time and resources on class days
• Strategically help plan and implement events and extra opportunities for instruction participants outside of class to improve the program
• Experience playing team sports. Golf experience is preferred.
• Volunteer experience working with youth, preferably in sports.
• Must be outgoing and enjoy public speaking.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills; must be detailed oriented and wellorganized.
• Ability to integrate diverse viewpoints, ideas, and opinions working with staff, and industry stakeholders.
• Must be willing to learn, be a good team member, and bring a creative energy to the position.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Schedule and Pay:
The coach will work on a part-time basis up to 29 hours per week. This will include after school hours and weekends. The coach will be expected to attend all program sessions, helping the instructors with setup/cleanup, curriculum implementation and administration. SCGA Junior coaches are paid on a biweekly schedule. Coaches are paid $12.00/hour.
Qualified individuals who meet the job requirements should submit their resume with a cover letter
indicating “SCGA Junior SFV Coach Opening” in the subject line to Bryan Stauffer at email@example.com.
Seeking an Unreal Engine Developer to work with our team to help develop several VR titles using UE4.
Experience and knowledge in development of gaming, VR and AR using Unreal Engine 4 (preferably 2+)
3D modeling experience, texturing experience and the ability to code and architect various core engine systems
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
Please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org