Why Woodbury University?
An education focused on innovation, creativity, and forward-thinking leadership. A distinguished faculty that really cares, an exciting curriculum tailored to fit your individual career path, a charming campus, an experience that prepares you to make a difference in the real world…this is the Woodbury difference. You can reach for your dreams at Woodbury.
Learn more about our Careers & Alumni
Woodbury University alumni are currently working in fields related to their majors and also finding success
in areas unrelated to their majors. Some recent examples of successful alumni include the following:
Class of 2006, Bachelor of Architecture, is currently working at the Port of Los Angeles after a series of great positions in private firms.
Class of 2008, Master of Architecture in Real Estate Development, has been surprisingly busy during this economic downturn managing a very successful boutique firm with work in West Los Angeles.
Class of 2004, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Animation, is a training project manager at Disney Animation Studios and worked on The Simpsons Movie.
Class of 2004, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Management and Finance, is working at KPMG, one of the Big Four accounting, tax, and advisory firms, as a healthcare consultant.
Find Your Major
Learn more about all our programs
Learn about our
Academic Support Program
Woodbury University is accredited by the Senior Commission of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC: 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501; 510-748-9001) and is approved by the Postsecondary Commission, California Department of Education. WASC granted Woodbury its original regional accreditation in 1961.
- In 1991, FIDER (now known as the Council for Interior Design Accreditation [CIDA]) accredited the Interior Architecture program.
- In 1994, the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB) accredited the Architecture program. The NAAB 2004 Conditions for Accreditation may be found at the NAAB website: http://www.naab.org/accreditation/2004_Conditions.aspx.
- In 1998, the School of Business received its accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- In 2008, the university’s programs in Animation, Fashion Design, Graphic Design, and Interior Architecture received accreditation from the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- In 2011, Filmmaking received plan approval from NASAD and will be considered for full accreditation approval once it has graduated its first class.
Woodbury University’s 22-acre scenic, residential campus is situated in the heart of the entertainment industry, with nearby studios such as Disney, Universal, NBC, Warner Bros., and DreamWorks. The address is 7500 Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91510.
The urban San Diego campus in the historic Barrio Logan district offers a Bachelor of Architecture degree, as well as a Master of Architecture in Real Estate Development and a Master of Science in Architecture with an emphasis on Landscape and Urbanism. The San Diego campus address is 2212 Main Street, San Diego, CA 92113.
Begun by one man in one room in a storefront in the historic center of Los Angeles, Woodbury University was founded in 1884. Woodbury’s Business College (as it was initially named) was founded by entrepreneur and education pioneer F.C. Woodbury. For the first 103 years, the University was located in central Los Angeles. Woodbury moved to its present 22.5-acre residential campus in Burbank in September, 1987.